Fishing/Hurd Supercaster Reel

Question
Mark, have a Hurd Supercaster. Don't want to know how much its worth but, I would like to know if there is any way to get the worm gear that the line feeds goes accross. Do not use it but would like to pass it along as it was passed along to me. Like to get it into working condition whether it is used or mounted on the wall to view. Everything else looks good including the take up cork for the line. Probably not real old but serial # is 46012. Any help would appreciate it. Thank you Harold Lyda. 7000 Remington Drive Mobile,Al  

Answer
Hi Harold,

That's a unique outfit.  Late 1940's.  Wow, that is going to be nearly impossible to find parts for that unless you can find another one and use it for parts.  There is a reel repair and parts service through Bass Pro Shops that I have had luck finding old parts.... but nothing that old.  Maybe 1970's.  

I think the only thing you could do is start watching e-bay and see if you see one that is cheap because it doesn't work and salvage parts off of it.  Unfortunately, they go for $150-$200 on e-bay.  There are a bunch of parts on e-bay right now... for $400!!!.  Contact that guy and see if he will sell you just the part you need.  Search "86 RARE HURD SUPER CASTER PARTS IN ORIGINAL ENVELOPE" on e-bay right now.

good luck,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski