Fishing/Identifying Fly Rod

Question
The Genesse
The Genesse  

Complete set
Complete set  
Rich,
I hope you can help me.  I found this in the rafters of my home in the basement.  I do not fish..i actually thought it was an old pipe!!  I tried looking all over the Internet (to the best of my ability) to find the manufacture of the rod and if the rod has any value.  The rod is approx 9'.  It has the black tube, 4 sections (1 extra tip) and the cover.  There are no other markings on it except what i believe is "The Genesee".  I believe it is bamboo and it is hexagon in shape.  The tips appear to be silver with certain parts possibly painted in a bronze finish.  I belive the rod is in good shape.  It may need some minor love and care.  I hope you can help me in identifying the manufacture and any value.  I have additional pictures if you would like them.

Thank you for all your help!
Val

Answer
Val,
White cursive model name, poor construction  and metal is not silver nut chrome platted brass leads me to say it was made by Horrocks-Ibbotson.
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide  by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.

Homel gives the Horrocks-Ibbotson Co. an average value of  $22, 62, and $115 for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively. I can't tell about the condition of your rod from the pictures except to say it is not in excellent condition .

They averaging 50-80 on ebay.

It is not very valuable.
H-I rods  are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were sort of mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.
A small portion of these rods are decent fishing tools . It is the collector community that decides the prices , please  don't blame the messenger.
I find another book that is available at larger libraries to get history on bamboo rods is  Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook by Michael Sinclair
History H-I
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2h7gi/fishnbanjossliceoflifeincyberspacecopy/id22.h
Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey