Fishing/JACKSON BAMBOO 9'

Question
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF JACKSON BAMBOO FLAT SIDED FLY RODS?  I HAVE ONE WITH TWO TIPS, ORIGINAL CLOTH BAG AND ALLUMINUM TUBE CASE.
IT WAS A GIFT GIVEN MANY YEARS AGO BY A DEAR FRIEND.  I HAVE BEEN AFRAID TO USE IT IN FEAR OF BREAKING IT, DO NOT KNOW THTE PARAMETERS OF BAMBOO. IT APPEARS TO BE A QUALITY PIECE BUT DO NOT KNOW THE MAINTENANCE NEEDS SO IT HAS BEEN SETTING ON A BEAM AT THEE BARN. I SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN HELP.  I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS VENUE CAN TAX A MANS MIND AS WELL AS TIME.
THANK YOU!
JOE COLTON

Answer
Hi Joe,

I have looked a lot of places and I cant find this one.  That may be a good sign.  I also have to say that I am not the expert on this subject.  Your best bet is to redirect this question to Joe Douglas or Rich Mcgaughey on this site.  They are the experts on old rods and especially bamboo.  Good luck, I think you may have a rare one.

Thanks,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski