Fishing/True Temper Steel Rod

Question
I have come across a True Temper (The American Fork & Hoe Co.)Steel rod with a Patent Number of #2102237 with the word "Speedlock" above the Pat.number.  Any idea how old this rod might be, and any dollar amount?

Answer
Hi Brian,

I am not the old tackle expert on this site.  You may want to run this past Rich McGaughey or Joe Douglas.  The rod is probably from somewhere in the late 20's to the 1950's with post war 40's or early 50's most likely.  They never fetch much on e-Bay, probably $20-$40 in good condition.  Mint maybe $50.  Its a great piece of history but there were many sold so they aren't worth a lot of money.

Good Luck,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski