Fishing/bamboo flyrod

I need the tip end section of, I think, an 8ft. bamboo fly rod
made by Union Hardware Co.  The rod does not have a serial #
or model #.  I would appreciate your help in locating this item.

I have something that will work.
Please e-mail specifics to
I need length of other sections? How  many do you  have 2 ? 3?
Have you put this rod together?
What do you mean by 'I think' in "need the tip end section of, I think, an 8ft. bamboo fly rod"?
You also need the male ferrule #connector# on the end of the tip section, It has to fit the female of mid section or butt section. I need a measurement of that ferrule in 64ths. It's going to be around 12 to 16.
Cost $20 , I suggest you ship the rod to me , I will return it to you with a third section but you need to pay return shipping , about $16.

Rich Mac McGaughey

I can answer questions on graphite fly rod building and bamboo rod restoration and making. I can guide people to restorers . I can guide people to rod building components on the internet as well as catalog. I can help them identify and value their bamboo fly rods with a picture .

If you are asking for the id of an old rod

please give a complete description send pictures especially labels or logos with detailed thorough description** to me and a complete including as much the following as you can: Is it? fly or casting rod ? Reel seat is below or above the cork handle ? Check metal for id and patents ? What is it made of; bamboo ( flat sided) fiberglass or graphite ( round)? Weight in oz? What is the diameter of the rod above the cork? Where was it purchased ? What type of metal nickel-silver, tin, or chrome platted brass? A complete description of any logos or labels. Length of rod per section and number of sections. Total rod length.

Please read the following if the rod has either of the following two labels

Montague or H-I (Horrocks-Ibbotson).

They are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.

Two books are available at larger libraries to get history and or value:
Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair

Commission Sales

Because of my knowledge I can help you sell and get a good price for your vintage bamboo fly rod. email email Mac

I have been restoring bamboo fly rods for 15 years and making graphite for 17 .

website = click home page

**example of a thorough description of a label: The Shakespeare decal is olive green ovals with gold foil banner bearing the word "Shakespeare" in script. The remainder of the of the lettering is block style reading on top Honor Built and on the bottom of oval , Made in USA. The writing is away from the grip.