Fishing/fishing rod

Question
Hello Robert,
I recently came across a old fishing rod of my grandpa's and was wonder if you could tell me a little bit about it. It is a 6'5" rod made by Horrocks-ibbotson Utica 2 NY and has two white double diamonds with the initials HT in red in the middle, the words chrome plated stainless steel guides and tournament taper rigid built sensitive tip. It also has a the #'s 10 2346 1/2xL on it and solid red plastic tip at the end of the pole. Any information you can get for me will be very helpful.

Thank You,

Tracy

Answer
Tracy,

can you send some photos of the rod, your description sounds like its a ocean trolling rod, but I want to make sure.  also, i can help you date the rod with a good photo of the decal. Also, it is bamboo or fiberglass.

H&I Ocean rods typically don't command as much value as fly fishing rods....running $25-50 range.

bob

fivermillions@cinci.rr.com

Fishing

Robert Vermillion