Fishing/What is the value of an H-I Fish Rod

Question
H-I Fish Rod
H-I Fish Rod  

Decal
Decal  
I have a two piece Horrocks- Ibbotson fly rod. It is a six sided rod, it is 7', the reel holder is red/burgundy plastic with silver/nickel plated hold downs. The decal says "GENUINE TONKEN CANE" in green lettering with no background, the second line says"FISH ROD" in black letters on a yellow background with an H-I in red letters inside a diamond which is located between  the words FISH and ROD, the next line says"HORROCKS IBBOTSON CO, last line says " UTICA NY MADE IN USA. The last two lines are in black lettering on a green background. Between the decal and the cork handle, written in script and yellow or gold lettering is "Pocono". The script is written toward the handle. The decal, script and varnish are in very good condition. The rod came with a very old cloth case (not in good condition) and an aluminum rod can with a screw in cap attached to the can with a beaded chain. TX, Marv

Answer
Marvin,
Usually a Horrocks-Ibbotson has little to no collector's resale value. The exception is the shorter , 8 feet and under , 2 not 3 piece rod , such as yours.

Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000)
add about 30% for age of book.

Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook   by Michael Sinclair

Sinclair places the label and model as 1945 to 1950.

Homel gives the H-I "Pocono" trout fly rod 7' without an extra tip, 2 sections the  value of  $25, 65 and $135 for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively. I have sold models Tonka Oueen and Prince, both 2 piece HI rods,  for over 200 , they were in un used condition.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey