Fishing/Martin model # 65 reel and #2 rod

Question
I found a fly rod and reel that belonged to my father. Martin Reel # 65 and Rod # 2 . I think it is fiberglass. I only have the bottom half of the rod but the reel is intact. Is this worth refurbishing or is it a wall hanger? Thanks  Ron

Answer
Hi Ron,

The Martin #65 was an entry-level type reel.  I'm sure it is still useable if you wanted to put it on a new rod.  They aren't sought after by collectors and sell for $10-$30 on e-Bay.  It would be great on a mantel along side a picture of your father and a great trout or bass he caught with it.  The reel isn't worth much but the memories are priceless!

Good fishing...

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski