Fishing/milwaukee harbor fishing

Question
when will the crank bait or jig bite start in mckinley harbor Milwaukee? with this strange weather this year im a bit reluctant to go. thank you.

Answer
Hi Mike,

NOW!!!  

They have been trickling in the past two weekends.  More every day now and it will continue to build.  The water is still a little warm in the harbor so the fish have been a little lethargic to bite, but they are in.  Got one and missed one this morning and I just stopped for an hour to cast from shore.  

Weather permitting, I'd say its safe to come anytime now.  If the water cools (West winds)it would be very good the next couple weekends.  The run doesn't last 6-8 weeks like it used to because stocking numbers are down, but it will be good for Kings all September and then after that there should be some action for Browns, Rainbows, etc till early December.  If you are looking for total migration to the moored-boat harbor, wait a couple weeks.  Despite the weird weather, the fish seem to be right on schedule.

Not to scare you off for this weekend or anything, but the Harley's 110th celebration has consumed the city and getting around is a nightmare. There are a gazillion bikes in town, streets are closed, etc, etc.  

Good fishing,

Marc  

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski