Fishing/Abbey Imbrie Casting Rod

Question
Abbey Imbrie
Abbey Imbrie  
I have a Abbey Imbrie rod and would be grateful for your expert opinion on age and possible value. details are:-  Casting rod, reel seat above cork handle, no marking visible on metal, six sided bamboo. dia of rod above handle is 7/16inch. label round shows Abbey Imbrie. fishing tackle capital A with crossed hooks.  4 sections each 24 3/4 long. total rod length 8ft. ferruls appear to be tewo different types of metal, female nickle silver, male chrome plated brass. real seat chrome plated.   condition fair.

Answer
Donald
I wish I had some good news for you.
You might find someone in the UK who would advise you better.
I am in the western USA.
Here no one is buying bamboo casting rods for more than $25.
Even if 60 plus years of age  and in perfect condition - unused!
There is little to no information on them. Fly rods are a completely different story. The collectors have driven both value and history.
I have had some luck selling them to restaurants as wall hangers, up to $50
Luck,
Mac

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey