Fishing/hardy trout fly rod the davy 8ft 10in

Question
hi mac,i am sorry about the spelling but i must have forgot to check it,i have looked up hardys records in relation to their numbers and the number 30966.e relates to may 1885,it has a pair of top exstention making it four parts,it is diagonal cane construction and has all the plugs for the exstentions and is inscribed with the writing just above the main exstention the davy rod annd bellow that palakona redg 6 it olso has the by appointment coat of arms of the prince of wales and the royal scottish coat of arms,the reel holder is at the base and is inscribed with the makers details and the but is inscribed with the royal apointment coat of arms and the number it is hard to say if the reel holder and the but are made of alloy or silver,the bag is like brandnew with a used look and is lined in purple velvet and has the original owners name on it,and it comes in a hand made alloy tube,i hope this is what you reguire,regards colin mac gregor

Answer
Colin
We agree about the serial number and the date.
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.
It mentions several Palakona rods by length, but they are probably much newer than your rod.
I am going to send you to a fellow who knows more than I, about the older rods.
But  please  give him length of rod, number of sections and length of each section.
Also is the reel seat above or below the handle or what?
It would also help if you could start sentences with a cap and end with a period but if you can't, then put an individual idea on it's own line , like a list because as it is, it is very hard to read.
You rod is a little old for my books and experience. I start about 1930ish, and most of the rods I evaluate have logos, labels or etched writing on the metal parts.
But I do know a guy. Send the question to my rod history friend the Gnomme aka Jeff Hatton (gnomishrodworks@tds.net) author of Rod Crafting A Full-Color Pictorial & Written History from 1843-1960
Jeffrey L. Hatton Softbound: 305 pp. Frank Amato Publications, $45
ISBN 1-57188-356-8, tell him Mac from Denver sent you.

Good Luck,
Mac
Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey