Fishing/Old Fly fishing rod

Question
I have an old fly rod and reel, but not a whole lot of info to go with it.  The rod only has 57C-9' as an identifyer and the reo shank is 6 sided.  The reel holder is below the cork handle witch is about 6" in length.  The metal for the rod holder appears to by made of nichole.  The base of the bamboo rod is just over 3/8" thick.
The reel has the name of Shakespeare Kazoo U.S.A stamped on the side and is over 2 1/2" across.
I guess my question is can this system still be used or has it become a show piece?
I don't know how to attach a picture....
Overall the rod and reel looks to in good shape.

Answer
Jim,
Fish it!
try looking under the reel for more ID
But it is too heavy to be very collectable. (base of the bamboo rod is just over 3/8" thick) I have some complicated math that show just how heavy the rod is based on the diameter above the handle. about 8 to 10 ounces

Please leave feedback.
Nominations are encouraged
Luck,
Mac

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey