Fishing/Actionrod Extendo model 5210

Actionrod end cap
Actionrod end cap  
I have come across some of my grandfathers fishing gear and am trying to research a fishing pole - Actionrod Extendo model 5210. I know it was manufactured by Orchard Industries, but I'm unsure if this was one of the earlier models or not. It extends to 10'. When collapsed it is 45.5" in length. There is an eyelet at the tip, but no reel. Not for sure if it had a reel or not. It has a piece of cork with a wooden end as a cap for the bottom of the pole. I'd like to think it is a metal pole, but I'm really unsure as the pole is a reddish brown and seems to have a smooth mesh covering which may indicate fiberglass? I've tried to find info on the model number with little success. I'd appreciate any information that you could share with me. I will attach pictures! Thank you so much! Linda

Hi Linda,

I'm not the collectible rod expert on this site.  That would be Joe Douglas or Rich McGaughey.  I do know that these are probably from the 1950's or 1960's and yes they are fiberglass.  If in mint condition they can be worth up to about $200 to the right collector.  I'd run this past Joe or Mac for more information.

Good luck,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.