Fishing/J.Kennedy Fisher blanks info

Any idea please of where the mother lode of JKF graphite flyrod blanks ended up..I am seeking a tip for an 8'6" for 7 wt rod in black blank with spigot ferrules...I prefer to purchase a couple of tips only but will buy a full blank if need be also.  I am a prof fly fishing guide and a 12 year former Orvis shop owner from CT. I currently reside in Pawleys Island, SC  Thank you for the help...bob dimesky

Hi Bob,

Joe Douglas or Rich McGaughey on this site may have some idea.  They are the experts on old rods.  I found this mans name as well and he may be worth contacting.

J.C. Distributors
1112 10th Ave. E.
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Contact: John Christlieb
Private label manufacturer of high-quality custom fly rods for retailers.

Good luck,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.