Fishing/Crankbait bodies

This is Tom1441 from the do-it forum. I was wondering if you have any suppliers for unpainted crankbait bodies?  I have been getting some off dakota lakes tackle and a few others but the quality isn't as good as it was in the past. Thanks for your help. Tom

Hi Tom,

I think we met at the gathering in January.  You do a great job with the air brush.  

I have probably tried all the sources.  The problem is that I think they all get them from the same source.  Dakota lakes, Predator, Bustin Bass Baits, Janns, Barlows... they all seem to have the same blanks.

There is someone out there named Mike Vann that makes Vandalizer baits.  Those are supposed to be good but I have never found them.

Predator has a bait that he claims is a DT-10 which I am going to try since we use those like crazy over here.  

Unfortunately, we both probably know the same sources for bodies.

Good to hear from you,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.