Fishing/old rod & reel.

can you tell me where to find info on old steel rod mfg. by BETTS MFG., DETRIOT< MICH. I do not fish and have a lot of gear I inherited and would like to sell. I sold about 40 tods and 30 reels so far and still have 30 rods and 20 reels left. all high quality name brand prod. any help would be welcomed.
T.V. Weaver

TV I am sorry but this question is out of my area. However I do know a couple of places where
you might find some info.  Try taking a Bassmaster magazine and look for "What's It worth?" or
Antique Fishing tackle. Or something like that.  They changed the name recently. The editor
of that page is an expert on antique fishing gear and the address to contact him is at the
bottom of the page.

Try to locate the manufacturer of the rod and reels. They may have sold out or gone out of
business but it is worth a try.

Try looking on ed-bay, Look in "antique fishing tackle" and see if you can find your rod and
reel located there. If you find it maybe you can contact some of the people who have ads on

Try a search using all the names and information you have.

Sorry I could not do better because you did not read my profile carefully.  Take a look at it
and laugh at yourself.  LOL

Jack L. Gaither          JackfromSeminold
Lake Seminole Georgia`  

Jack Gaither

PLEASE, PLEASE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTION. THANK YOU. PLEASE, I HAVE BEEN GETTING MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANTIQUE RODS, REELS ETC. I hate to refuse questions but I really can not be of help in this. If you have an old rod, reel, lure etc. try contacting the maker if still existing or try antique fishing tackle on the web. I am genuinely sorry that I CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH QUESTIONS. I have been bass, crappie, brim and catfishing for over 70 years. Most of my recent experience has been on the Apalachicola R. in Fl. panhandle, and Lake Seminole. I can answer many questions on places to go and some ideas on tactics especially for largemouth bass in these waters. I can`t tell you what fish will bite but can give some lures and methods that have worked well for me over the last 33 years in this area. I am also well versed on boating safety and small boat handling.

I am not a guide nor a writer or publisher of any magazine on fishing. All of my ideas would come from my experiences and those of fishing partners in local bass clubs in Panama City, Florida or from reading many books and magazine articles over the years.

Basmasters. Past member (25 years) and instructor in boating and navigation classes in the United States Power Squadrons.

ST. Andrew Bay Power Squadron local publication "Stuffing Box"

United States Power Squadrons courses in Piloting and small boat handling, celestial navigation, trouble shooting on outboard engines and other non eletronic equipment in boats.