Fishing/Fenwick rods

Marc, I have recently started collecting older Fenwick spinning and casting rods. Do you know a webb site that I can use to check the age of rods, by serial numbers and worth to see if I'm paying to much for them. Any help will be truly appreciated. Thanks for your time, Steve Flood

Hi Steve,

I haven't been able to find anything on Fenwick.  Finding similar rods on E-Bay may be the best bet.  I am not the old rod collector guy on this site though.  Please run this past Rich McGaughey on this site and he will have an idea for you.

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.