Fishing/Retry for info on old bamboo rod

Question
It has been awhile and I just came across a link with a answer to finding a ferrel to a old mayflower bamboo fly rod. I would like to try and retry to get info on finding this ferrel . second setion female end, chrome with rib on end. the link old, said you needed size. sanded round end of rod female goes on with glue is .190 thou the O D of the male ferrel end is .195 thou that would go into I D of ferrel I am missing. Thank you for any help and hope it is not to late to get info and you are still there. Could you email my tdb99 address. Maybe why I lost or didn't reply last time. I lost the link. Terril

Answer
Terril,
The Mayflower is probably a Japanese rod. It is not valuable.
Originally sold by the thousands to GIs in a light long box with lures and huge flies from 1946 to the 70s. .Mostly considered trinkets by collectors but memorial to GIs , they have little resale or fishing value. I have never seen any written history on them in English except the following. http://www.maxrod.net/article/
There is  a book  on Goggle books, with a little history  and a  limited preview: Bamboo In Japan by Nancy Moore Bess
They are probably not even made from Tonkin cane like most vintage bamboo fly rods .
I have cast several and they are terrible fishing tools.

What you should do is buy a new pair of ferrules that will fit your rod from the mail rod building sites. Get Brass Ferrules (Chrome Plated) or Reinforced Brass Ferrules (Chrome Plated) not Nickel Silver.
Translate the decimal figures into 64ths.
Number of 100ths  times 100 divided by 64.

So when say “ round end of rod female goes on with glue is .190” you  take  19 X 100 divided by 64 is rounded off to 12 64ths . That’s what you would purchase

Mudhole http://www.mudhole.com/Rod-Building/Ferrules/Brass-Ferrules-Chrome-Plated
Netcraft  http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/rod-blanks-fishing/273320.aspx

Please explain tdb99 ? send complete email address
My email is macsrods@yahoo.com
Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey