Fishing/Cross bamboo rod

Question
In going through family items, I came across a vintage Cross Built bamboo rod. Only markings are 241 9 oz. No reel.6'3', one piece, 6 ferrules (2 rings missing,) wood handle, needs re-varnishing & re-chrome of reel attachment. Latter is marked with Patent # 2120467. No damage of separation of bamboo glue joints, if any.
Is this worth restoring & any advice as to who does this kind of work would be appreciated.

WSH
Odessa, Fl

Answer
Wm.,
I need some more specifics in order to help you.
If it is one piece it can't have 6 ferrules.?? ferrules are connectors with the male fitting into the male, putting all sections together.
Rings - do you mean guides ?

My guess is that it has a length of about 6 foot and is not a fly rod. I am guessing the reel seat is above the handle , right? If so then it is a boat or casting rod and would sell for $75  or less. That is according to
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.
and the information in
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook   by Michael Sinclair
plus my experience

You can read about the history of  Cross Rod CO  at:
http://fishinghistory.blogspot.com/2008/04/get-grip-south-bend-paul-young-and.ht
http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67259
Orvis history of Jordon who created the double built model
http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=499

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey