Fishing/Height of Wonderod

Question
In reference to Jacob's letter, I wrote an answer to him because I have just recently come across a Shakespeare Wonderod, Pat. no. 2260204. It is a beautiful rod in great shape. I'm curious, though, Jacob's rod is 5'2" where mine is 6'7". Why would we have the same patent no's on different size rods? Is this normal, or is there something special about either one of our rods. Thanks for your time. Joanne

Answer
Hello Joanne,

The patent number is a reference to the design of the rod's handle.

Shakespeare often incorporated many patents of others and paid royalties to the owner. I am not certain that this was the case with this particular design.

I have attached a copy of the patent and drawing for you...in PDF format. It may make a great framed piece to hang on the wall with the rod!

I hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you for taking the time to ask,

Mark

P.S.- I just noticed I may not be permitted to upload the image for your private use due to the uncertainty of any copyright...Per AllExperts. So simply go to the USPTO website, click on search since 1796 and enter the patent number in the box...enter...then you can save the image as a file for your use...it is fun reading! Sorry for no attachment.-Mark

Fishing

Mark Rimmer