Fishing/value of a Kingfisher bamboo fly rod

Question
QUESTION: Hi Rich, I would like to know the value of my fly rod.
        #3907 Jackson bamboo rod, 9 ft., 4 7/8 oz, Kingfisher
        2 tips, metal & cloth case, very good to excellent.
Thank you, Fred

ANSWER: Fred,
Send me a picture of the label "Kingfisher"
Kingfisher rods were sold exclusively  by EDWARD K. TRYON CO.  
They were made by two makers,  low ball by Montague and a little better model by Heddon, in the 30s. After WW II  they were only Heddon origins , they had numbers but my resources don't deal with your serial number.

Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide</u> by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000)  add about 30% for age of book.
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook  by Michael Sinclair
Classic & Antique Fly-Fishing Tackle: A Guide for Collectors & Anglers by A.J. Campbell
The above are 3 god books can be  found at major library systems.

Homel gives the "Kingfisher" fly rod under EDWARD K. TRYON CO. built by Montague 9' (3/2), with an extra tip, 3 sections the  value of  $35, 70 and $140 for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively.
a picture of the ferules will tell me Heddon on Montague.
But I stick with thee above.

As to condition, I again recommend Hommel. Are all of the sections the same length? Are threads intact? Is all the finish smooth to the touch. If not then your rod is neither  very good nor excellent condition.
Mac
Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

fly rod
fly rod  

fly rod
fly rod  
QUESTION: Rich, All sections are the same length, threads are intact, & finish is smooth.
Above the reel seat is a round label "Quality First Kingfisher".

Photo's attached.
Thank you, Fred

Answer
Fred,
You have some signs of wear; there is a bend or set on one of the tips and he cork handle is darkened so I agree with very good condition.

This rod might have been made by Heddon and worth a little bit more than my earlier appraisal.

Luck

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey