Fishing/abbey & imbrie rod

Question
abbey & imbrie rod
abbey & imbrie rod  

abbey & imbrie rod
abbey & imbrie rod  
This 2 piece rod was in the attic of the house when my parents moved in  back in 1963. There are no other manufacturing marks other than the Abbey & Imbrie New York stamped on the bottom cap of the rod. The bottom shaft is 46' long and the top is 45 and 3/4in long. The hand grip is a tight wrapped twine. Any info and approximate value would be appreciated

Answer
Kevin

your rod was probably made for Abbey & Imbrie by Montague out of New York. I recommend posting photos at this website

http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=69&sid=d853599796f2aa623ff34

You will need to provide more photos of the reel seat and line guides. I think its early 1900s, probably in the $50-100 range. But, I recommend a second opinion.

Bob

Fishing

Robert Vermillion