Fishing/Action rod pat# 1920966

Question
I have a action rod that is stainless steel and the same as many other rods except my rod is a tapered triangle shape. The others that I read about are square or round. My grand dad said he bought it new for around $100 dollars.  

Can you tell me anything about this rod. This rod was given to me by my grand-dad and I plan on putting it in a nice display case with its history record.

Answer
Mike

it would help to have a photo. But, I believe your rod is an Orchard Industries Action rod made in Detroit Michigan. I included my email if you want to send a photo.

Value of the rod depends on the condition and model of the rod. The models with colorful bakelite handles are most collectable. Also, the original case helps. They sell in the 20 to 60 range, more with the case - the market has dropped on these of late.

Bob Vermillion

fivermillions@cinci.rr.com
folkartfishingtackle.com

Fishing

Robert Vermillion