Fishing/value of fishing rod

Question
Thanks for taking my question sir. I have a mint condition split bamboo H - I Oriskany flat sided fishing pole with a black walnut checker handle. This was given to me back in 1980 from my great aunt's estate.   I have with it the original cloth case and the aluminum cylinder that it was stored in. As you can see with the pictures it is in pristine condition. So I was wondering if you can help me put a value on this. . All the fly rods I see have a cork handle but this one doesn't. This fishing rod has never been used also it never had a reel seated on it.The rod is 8 1/2 ft, 3 piece with an extra tippet.It is very flexible and ready to fish or can be put on somebody's wall as a beautiful decoration. Also a fly tying kit from 1940s with all the original pieces in excellent condition with a How To Tie Flies book by E.C. Gregg from 1935 in excellent condition also. Enjoy the pictures.

Answer
John,
Model Oriskany  is not in my price book, Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.
But I have seen many models not in Homel.

If you read my previous responses ,on the value of Horrocks-Ibbotson  , then you know it is not very valuable. Yes I know this rod is pristine and at least 70 ish years old.
They are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were sort of mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.
A small portion of these rods are decent fishing tools but they are usually 2 pieces and closer to 7 foot than 9. It is the collector community that decides the prices , please  don't blame the messenger.
I find another book also  are available at larger libraries to get history :
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair
History
H-I
http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51465

and since I am little unsure of your model I am going to guess an estimate of value for the rod only

Homel gives the H-I bamboo fly rod with an extra tip, 3 sections an average  value of  $22, 62, and 115 for poor, good, excellent condition respectively.

In Banjo Fishing link above he gives a 9 foot Oriskany  a slightly larger value for aa slightly longer rod , which confirms my estimate.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey