Fishing/Vintage Heddon Lucky 13 Rods.

Question
serial # 3671
serial # 3671  

Brand Name
Brand Name  
I would like to know more about model numbers 3671 and 3772.

Answer
Hi Josh...cool rods you have come across.

My area of expertise in antique rods is in the refurbishment, construction and repair of them. For some odd reason, folks don't see the bio on AllExperts.com...must be a google thing.

I did recall seeing a few Lucky 13 rods at garage sales and one or two did come into the shop for re-wrap. As you may have seen online, the rods were commonly for sale during the 1970's and were advertised as solid fiberglass. While very heavy in weight, this did allow them to be pretty durable.

As for information on the individual model numbers? Out of my area of expertise. I am beginning to locate various catalogs and building a reference library.

If you go to the AllExperts.com website, you can read the bios of the experts that specialize in history and valuation and I am certain they will be of greater help to you. You may try Bob Vermillion.

If you can provide any additional information on the rods (solid/hollow) and provide pics of the guides, reel seats, ferrules, number of sections etc., in focus and HD if possible (3 megapixels or better, I will certainly try to find as much out about them as possible.

Thanks again for asking!

-Mark

Fishing

Mark Rimmer