Fishing/fishing rod

Question
i have a steel fishing rod with a gun finger trigger guard on it .it says sports rod on one side and pat pending it has a rubber hanndle ,  can you tell me the maker of it

Answer
Hello Michael,

Thanks for the question and forgive my not getting to you more quickly. I am a Firefighter in California and this has been a horrendous fire season.

I am VERY interested in helping you figure out the make of the rod in question but without good, hi resolution digital photos of the rod, it's features and markings, it will be nearly impossible. What you have described does not bring any make to mind.

Can you forward me some pics as attachments? If so, I can try to come up with the information you need. It sounds kinda cool. The "Pat Pending" was a way of telling other folks "Don't copy this because I'm trying to patent it." and without a model name or submitting individual, it simply can't be looked up at the U.S. Patent and Trademark office.

So send me some pics and I'll dive right in and see what we come up with!

Thanks very much for your question.

Looking forward to your reply,

Mark

Fishing

Mark Rimmer