Fishing/Fishing Lake Seminole Drain Pond area

Question
Dear Jack, we have corresponded before about fishing Lake Seminole on my trip ther January 20,21,22 . You mentioned getting to get her to mark my map for both crappie and bass fishing. You also said you are very familiar with the Spring Creek area near your residence. How about the Fish Pond Drain area? We are staying in the cabins on Lake Seminole and the Fish Pond Drain area is real convenient to the Park. You also mentioned minnows being available down at the end of the road that goes by Park entrance at that Marina. Any tips on this area? Looking forward to maybe getting the opportunity to meet you and learning from your experience. Merry Christmas, Lee Huszagh

Answer
Lee; I have fished Fish Pond Drain a few times  and have caught a few bass in it.  I have heard that there are some crappie in there too but I have not fished for them there.  Minnows are
available at Trail's End Marina and at the store at the intersection of hwy 253 and 39.  I
think also at Parkside at the intersection of 253 and 374 at least so far as I know.  I used
to get minnows there.
I would be glad to mark places on your map for both crappie and bass.  Or  even show you on
the water if you would take me fishing.  I do not have a boat anymore. (first time in 60 years
that I haven't had a boat.) If you give me a call at 229-861-2366 we can make arrangements.
I have found the area from Rattlesnake point up the creek for about a mile or so to be some
of the best bass or crappie fishing in the lake.  Of course my knowing the area makes it
easier to find the fish.  I have dished it since 1993.
Give me a call  and we will see what we can do.

Jack

Happy Christmas season to you and yours and a prosperous New Year.  

Fishing

Jack Gaither