Fishing/fishing rod

Question
Hi  how are you? I have an approximately 11-12ft  Len Butterworth pastime fishing rod also labeled Beach Beuaty that is still in the red canvas bag and although the bag is not in tip top condition the rod is in percect condition. It was my grandfathers and i believe there is a reel  with i need to locate that goes with it. Just wondering on the approximate value of something like this? Thanks

Answer
Amy

I only know these rods were made Australia starting in the 1940s in Brisbane (later they were made in Malaysia). I have never seen one in the US. The length of the rod indicates its a surf fishing rod. If its split bamboo it will be an early one, later rods were fiberglass. If bamboo, would estimate $50-100 range, if fiberglass $30-50.

but, I recommend posting a question at this forum:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/

Bob

Fishing

Robert Vermillion