Fishing/fishing pole

Question
I would like to know the value of my true temper 9 1/2' thirty nine hundred series fishing pole. Was recently giving to me by my uncle Bob. Would love to fish with it but if its value is more than$ 40.00 i want to hang it on a wall.its fiber glass and the handle is cork. Thanks

Answer
Lance,
It might be worth more if it were bamboo. I have tried to sell fiberglass rods but I can't even give them away.
So fish it!
Also it is a rod, a  pole is someone from eastern Europe, especially among fly fishermen.
I  am a bamboo man not fiberglass. Fiberglass is just not collected like bamboo. It was made from the 1950s to the 70s.
From the length I am guessing it is a fly rod.(handle above reel)
I have no specific history or books on fiberglass, I believe they are rare or don't exist, but here's two web sites that all about fiberglass:
http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbwiki.com/
http://www.fiberglassflyrodders.info/:
Please be cautious about someone telling you your rod is worth thousands until they offer cash. People want fiberglass to be collectable like bamboo but that doesn't make it so.
Please leave feedback.
Nominations are encouraged
Luck,
Mac

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey