Fishing/south bend bamboo fly rod

Question
lable
lable  

rod  label
rod label  
a friend of mine had this fly rod that he was curious about the value,  however there's not a lot of info on the rod.  it's a 7 ft  south bend  bamboo fly rod.  the only  number on the rod  is 469.7.

Answer
Cameron,
You did not give me much information - for example number of sections.
My guess comes from Homel, which gives me a rod number 469 - and knowing South Bend it is a pretty good guess. It has very low resale value.

History:
http://www.south-bend.com/south-bend-history
http://fishinghistory.blogspot.com/2008/04/get-grip-south-bend-paul-young-and.ht

Books:
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.

Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook  by Michael Sinclair

Classic & Antique Fly-Fishing Tackle: A Guide for Collectors & Anglers by A.J. Campbell

Homel gives the South Bend Model #469 spin/fly rod 7' with an extra tip, 2 sections the  value of  $5, 60 and $110  for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively.

This rod switches from fly to casting. My direct experience is that in trying to be both kind of rods, it ends up being neither. The prices in Homel reflect this view from collectors as well.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey