Fishing/fishing deer point lake and lake seminole

me and my son in law are coming to destin may 6th through the 14th do you know any guides for deer point lake or lake seminole that would be a great help if you did? Just looking for a couple days on the water cant beat fishing a new lake.
         thanks WARD

Ward,  I am sorry I do not know any guide for Deer Point Lake but I know the lake pretty well.
I also do not know guides for Lake Seminole but again I know the lake at least part of it very
well.  I would suggest that if it is not just fishing a new lake Lake Seminole is far the better
lake for bass.  I would be happy to go fishing with you on either or both lakes.  I have fished
Deer Point from 1968 until 1993 and Seminole from 1993 until present.  I love fishing either or
both of them.  I am not a licensed guide therefore I could not charge you for the trips.  I am
just a little old to be going out by myself and would love to show you either or both  lakes.
You can contact me by e-mail at or by phone at 229-861-2366.  I live on
Lake Seminole on the Georgia Side.  There are cabins about a mile from me.  It is called
The Spring Creek Park Resort.  7863 Reynolds Landing Road, Donalsonville, Georgia, 39845. Phone
229-861-3247.  They may have guide service but I don't know them.  If you want to pay for a
guide another place where you might find one is at Trail's End Marina.  229-861-2000
I live one mile East of the Spring Creek Park Resort and the best fishing is  this area not
Trails End

Jack from Seminole

PS,  If there are only the two of you I can put you up for just the cost of food. Not the
most comfortable bed but what the heck we fishermen can take  about anything.  LOL

Jack Gaither

PLEASE, PLEASE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTION. THANK YOU. PLEASE, I HAVE BEEN GETTING MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANTIQUE RODS, REELS ETC. I hate to refuse questions but I really can not be of help in this. If you have an old rod, reel, lure etc. try contacting the maker if still existing or try antique fishing tackle on the web. I am genuinely sorry that I CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH QUESTIONS. I have been bass, crappie, brim and catfishing for over 70 years. Most of my recent experience has been on the Apalachicola R. in Fl. panhandle, and Lake Seminole. I can answer many questions on places to go and some ideas on tactics especially for largemouth bass in these waters. I can`t tell you what fish will bite but can give some lures and methods that have worked well for me over the last 33 years in this area. I am also well versed on boating safety and small boat handling.

I am not a guide nor a writer or publisher of any magazine on fishing. All of my ideas would come from my experiences and those of fishing partners in local bass clubs in Panama City, Florida or from reading many books and magazine articles over the years.

Basmasters. Past member (25 years) and instructor in boating and navigation classes in the United States Power Squadrons.

ST. Andrew Bay Power Squadron local publication "Stuffing Box"

United States Power Squadrons courses in Piloting and small boat handling, celestial navigation, trouble shooting on outboard engines and other non eletronic equipment in boats.