Fishing/valuation of antique rods

Question
i have two rods both three piece with extra tips it has brass reel seats and and fixtures on the bottom of one it says forest maker kelso and the other army&navy c.s.l Victoria street London 1 the army and navy one has all the eyes missing except the  spare tip and the other is in good condition with all the bits wondering on the value and price to restore if possible thanks Jake Harding

Answer
Hi

Forest Maker Keslo were made in Scotland in the late 1800s. I cant tell from your description but they were known for their salmon rods. I think these typically sell in the 75 to 100 range.

The Army & Navy rod sounds like its in rough shape, probably not worth restoring. it would command the same value as the Forest rod after restoration.

These old round rods don't command the values like the custom built split bamboo rods, especially in the US.

Bob

Fishing

Robert Vermillion