Fishing/age and value

Question
I have a Montague Mt.Tom 9" bamboo, 3 piece (each 3") fly rod with chrome plated brass seat, cork above the seat. I was lucky enough to find this rod in an empty basement in the complex where I work. Unfortunately I know nothing about where or when it was purchased. Can u give me estimated value for it?

Answer
Angelo
Montague had a MT Tom model bamboo fly rod.
If you describe labels and letter to exact detail, I can better age your rod but it was made from 1940 to 1952.
But it is not very valuable.
They are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were sort of mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.
A small portion of these rods are decent fishing tools . It is the collector community that decides the prices , please  don't blame the messenger.
I find two books are available at larger libraries to get history and or value:
Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) ,add 30% due to the age of the book.
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair
History
Montague
http://home.comcast.net/~splitcane/vintage_rod_history.htm

Homel gives the Montague 9'  model "MT. Tom" fly rod with an extra tip, 3 sections the  value of  $20, 50 and $110 for poor, good, excellent condition respectively.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey