Fishing/Haddon # 13

Hello and thanks for taking your time! I have a Haddon bamboo fly rod # 13 9'-2F,2tips. it is slightly used and everything looks tight going to use it soon. It came with the original bag and tube it came from the factory in. What is the worth about?
God Bless and Thanks again.

I hope you mean  Heddon
You have a Heddon rod which is a decent rod.
When the label is on the flats instead of across them, it is dated to 1954.

Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) gives the value for the 9 foot model #13 "Lucky Angler" with an extra tip valued at  $40, 100 and $185 for poor, good, excellent condition respectively. You could add 30% due to age of book.  

From my experience slightly used  does not mean excellent mint.

2 1/2 F is the butt ferrule size:
The butt ferrule size is designated by "2F" or "2 F". The larger the number, the stiffer the rod. For three- piece rods, a 2F is usually a trout rod and 2 F is a bass rod. Yours is a faster action bass fly rod.
GBG  or C is line size equivalent to modern 6 or 7 weight.

History  of Heddon Rod Company

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Rich Mac McGaughey

I can answer questions on graphite fly rod building and bamboo rod restoration and making. I can guide people to restorers . I can guide people to rod building components on the internet as well as catalog. I can help them identify and value their bamboo fly rods with a picture .

If you are asking for the id of an old rod

please give a complete description send pictures especially labels or logos with detailed thorough description** to me and a complete including as much the following as you can: Is it? fly or casting rod ? Reel seat is below or above the cork handle ? Check metal for id and patents ? What is it made of; bamboo ( flat sided) fiberglass or graphite ( round)? Weight in oz? What is the diameter of the rod above the cork? Where was it purchased ? What type of metal nickel-silver, tin, or chrome platted brass? A complete description of any logos or labels. Length of rod per section and number of sections. Total rod length.

Please read the following if the rod has either of the following two labels

Montague or H-I (Horrocks-Ibbotson).

They are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.

Two books are available at larger libraries to get history and or value:
Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair

Commission Sales

Because of my knowledge I can help you sell and get a good price for your vintage bamboo fly rod. email email Mac

I have been restoring bamboo fly rods for 15 years and making graphite for 17 .

website = click home page

**example of a thorough description of a label: The Shakespeare decal is olive green ovals with gold foil banner bearing the word "Shakespeare" in script. The remainder of the of the lettering is block style reading on top Honor Built and on the bottom of oval , Made in USA. The writing is away from the grip.