Fishing/Bamboo Reel Identification

Question
Rod1
Rod1  

Rod2
Rod2  
Hello, I am in need of some help identifying a bamboo reel. It's about 7'5" in 3 pieces. It has a cork handle. Above the handle it is tagged with "Ted Sykes - Deluxe Finest Tonkin Cane." There's also an image I believe of a rainbow trout on the other side. It's also in pretty good condition with no cracks, fading or dents. I couldn't find much online and was hoping for some help identifying it and maybe a value if possible. Thanks for any help!

Answer
Greg,

I am not familiar with this rod either. Tonkin refers to bamboo that comes out of a region of China. I am going to recommend posting these photos at this site dedicated to bamboo fly rods:

http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/

You will need to register first, then post under appraisals and identification section.

I am wondering if this is a "trade rod" made by Horrocks Ibbotson or other maker under the name Ted Sykes. The rod collectors on the forum may be able to help.

regards,

Bob

Fishing

Robert Vermillion