Fishing/Goodwin Granger Champion Fly Rod

Question
I recently acquired this rod and it is need of restoration.
Can you refer a source? Is it worth more restored or in original condition?
Thank you for your time
Dan

Answer
Dan
Length of rod would have helped as shorter rods can be more valuable. Also number of sections and how many are present. A 3 piece rod is more valuable with an extra tip while a 2 piece rod is usually more valuable. I do restores = 40 per section. macsrods@yahoo.com
Yes a restored rod will resale for a lot more if restored.

Goodwin Granger sold rods from 1920s until WWII when purchased by Wright & McGill, in my hometown of Denver, Co.
 The Champion model is the lower end of quality and price.
Books:
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide  by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook   by Michael Sinclair
You may find the above 2 books at major library systems as reference books only.

Homel gives the Goodwin Granger "Champion" bamboo  fly rod 9 1/2'  with an extra tip, 3 sections the  value of  $60, 145 and $275 for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively. You can add $10 for a 9 ft rod.
Just checked ebay for completed auctions, Champion models of various lengths, descriptions and  conditions from 240 to 300.

Depends on length and how you present it

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey