Fishing/I would like some information on my St. Croix 9' 900 fly pole.

Question
My vintage rod and reel
My vintage rod and ree  
To whom this concerns,
I resently was give a fly rod combo that I can not seem to find any information on?
I am not sure if it was even sold as a combo pack, but they are together never the less.
The rod says St. Croix Pacemaker 900 9' foot and its a 2 piece set.
The rod also says Park falls Wisconsin.

Now the reel that is on it is all silver with the word Spring written on it with a # 60 at the very
Bottom of the reel that attactches to the rods base. They both are in great working order with
Everything still intact. The handles are made of metal and the reel still has brownish colored fabric
Type line on it. I am interested in finding information on both the rod and reel if possible?
         Thank you very much for your time and consideration,
         Thomas M. Engle

Answer
Thomas ,
The most important part of your description was omitted. Your rod is round,  made of fiberglass not bamboo (hexagon). I have tried to sell fiberglass rods but I can't even give them away.
So fish it!
 I  am a bamboo man not fiberglass. Fiberglass is just not collected like bamboo. It was made from the 1950s to the 70s. And very little was written down  at the time.
From the length I am guessing it is a fly rod.(handle above reel)
I have no specific history or books on fiberglass, I believe they are rare or don't exist, but here's two web sites that all about fiberglass:
http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbwiki.com/
http://www.fiberglassflyrodders.info/:
Please be cautious about someone telling you your rod is worth thousands until they offer cash. People want fiberglass to be collectable like bamboo but that doesn't make it so.
Reels just don't command resale value unless extremely rare . Yours is going to max at $10-15.
Please leave feedback.
Nominations are encouraged
Luck,
Mac  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey