Fishing/Devine fly rod

Question
devine rod
devine rod  

Devine rod
Devine rod  
I have a Devine rod #R3982 9ft. 6oz. Rainbow trout rod. It is in very good condition. With cloth case and aluminum case. It also has a sticker on the pole "The sportsman Reno Nevada" Do you know what the value is on this pole? Do you know the date also?

Answer
Larry,
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.

Homel gives the average Divine Bamboo rod with an extra tip, 3 sections an average value of  $86, 217 and 429 for poor, good, excellent condition respectively.

I sold a Rainbow model Divine rod, in  good condition for 300 several years ago.
He made rods from 1900 to 1930s - I would place yours in the 1930s because it is a later type of bamboo.
Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey