Fishing/Bass fishing guides

Question
My family will be vacationing in Panama City during the first week of May. I am an avid bass fisherman (not so much saltwater) and would love to fish a day or two on Deer Point Lake. The problem is that I cannot find a guide for that lake and I was hoping you could give me some names to consider. Thank you.

Answer
Mike.  I am sorry but I thought I had answered your question.  Apparently it was not sent so I
will try  to answer it again.
To begin with Deer Point Lake is a beautiful lake but unfortunately it is not really a good  
bass lake. I lived in Panama City for 24 years and fished Deer Point Lake often because it was
close enough for me to get to it after work much of the year but I must admit that I was
disappointed often.  The lake has some good size bass but the numbers of bass is relatively
small.  I did catch numbers of bass in the five pound class and a couple that pushed 8 pounds.
However I moved to Lake Seminole about 70 miles from Panama City and the number of bass in
this lake is much higher.  Don't get me wrong.  I liked fishing Deer Point when I was there
because I knew it had big bass and it was close to home.  I fished the Apalachicola River as
often as I could during my 24 years at  Panama City.  It had a large number of bass but few
large ones.  I did catch an 8pound bass from Florida River just off the Apalachicola but two
pounds was more common by far.
As to finding a guide to Deer Point Lake, I am at a loss.  I knew of one 25 years ago but he
was in his 60s back then. I do not know of any boat rentals either.  The lake is not really
much of a tourist attraction.  It is too small only 5000 acres while Seminole is 37,500 acres.
I would not mind fishing Deer Point Lake again. I still have not caught a ten pound bass even
here on Seminole. But I  do not have a boat anymore Or I would volunteer to take you fishing.
Let's us see what we can do.  I have the phone # of a guy who lives in  Panama City. You have a few weeks before you come  here in May.  Let me contact him and see if he would be willing
to guide you.  He is not a licensed guide so he can not charge you but  he could accept a tip.  Come back to me with a follow up question in a couple of weeks just before the end
of  April and I will see if he can do this and I will get his phone number and pass in on
to you.

This is about the best I can do right now.  I will check around and see if there is a real
guide down there.  Most guides are salt water there.  I will respond to your follow up
with what information I can get.

Sorry I could not do better but  I still  hope I can help you get to fish  Deer Point.

Jack.  

Fishing

Jack Gaither