Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Life Cycle 6500

JWJr wrote at 2008-03-13 18:46:58
The console of the LifeCycle 6500 uses a common 9 volt battery, available anywhere; that's more likely to be the problem, especially if the bike's been unused for some time. Use a phillips screw driver to remove the battery cover on the back of the console and replace it.

Mark Peterson wrote at 2008-05-15 16:50:31
Before you remove the cover look on the bottom of the bike for a square whole.on Some LF bikes you can get to the battery without removing the cover.

You can also try a high speed start. Pedal as fast as you can, cartoon fast, then hit the start button.

If the battery cells are good and it's just low, this will bring up the display. Ride bike for 45 minutes to charge the battery. If this doesnt work

you can get a battery from batteries plus.

use a 6volt 2.5 amp hours.

JimBob wrote at 2008-06-26 23:21:34
To all those who believe whatever they read on the Internet without questioning or looking elsewhere: my model of this bike has it's little, regular 9-volt battery inside a little door in the back of the console.  This I learned only after tearing apart the bike per instructions above to find no battery.  Maybe your model is different, but I highly recommend you at least look behind the console first before getting out the Torx and going ape-scheiss like I did.

Rumbo wrote at 2008-06-27 01:41:00
JWJr My thanks to you! I did just as you suggested and it worked for my JifeCycle 6500.

Thank you. Rumbo

WikiWiki wrote at 2009-02-01 21:19:52
My unit has a small battery compartment under the programmable board that unscrews.  A regular 9 volt battery(from the drug store) fits in there and should fix the problem(I first took out all the screws-7-from the sides and underneath before I figure this out)

Pam wrote at 2010-03-02 19:08:52
Not all 6500HR have a 6 volt battery.  I ordered the battery from Sportsmith. It cost $26.78 plus $7.19 shipping for a total of $33.97. When the battery came I had my husband open the cabinet but there was no battery. Of course there is no refund on shipping charges, you have to pay to ship it back, and there was a 10% restocking fee. It turned out the only thing I had to do was replace the little 9 volt battery in the console.

Gene wrote at 2012-01-30 05:46:14
Two of the answers posted here helped me fix my bike. 1. I replaced the 9 volt battery located behind the console. For my bike, I removed a small battery cover held on by a screw. I replaced the battery and the screw. 2. I did a high speed start. I pedaled like crazy for a few seconds and hit the start button. The display came on and I was able to program it to Random. I have not pedaled long enough to recharge the battery, but I can tell that when I ride it tomorrow for 30 - 40 minutes, it should charge up. Hooray! and thanks so much to this forum.

Jeff wrote at 2012-07-14 20:08:01
thank you everyone. For me it was the 9 volt battery. Replaced and the unit now works!!

Gary wrote at 2012-10-03 13:56:24
I took the advice and opened the battery cover and found a standard 9 volt battery.  Replaced it, closed the cover, and the bike runs like new.  Lifecycle 6500.  Thanks.  I thought I was going to have to replace the bike.

JCCMom04 wrote at 2013-01-09 00:42:51
Boy do I love Google.  Can't believe that all we needed was a 9 volt battery and we are back in business.  Thanks!

Eric wrote at 2015-01-04 04:17:14
I have a 9500hr. It has two batteries. 9 volt for the console, and a 6 volt located on the bottom of the bike under the seat. My bike did not work even after I replaced the 9 volt, so I tried the fast pedaling and then hit the start button and it worked. I think the 9 volt powers some part of the console only and pedaling powers the alternator which charges the 6 volt. On mine it seems I need both charged to get it to work right.  

Jeff wrote at 2015-01-27 15:45:43
My 6500 is probably a 1995 or so edition. The battery is NOT in the back under the bottom cover. It is behind a little door in the back of the console(monitor). Two minute fix, back in business!! Great product!

KCC wrote at 2016-09-01 14:41:04
YEAH!  I followed the instructions, replaced the 9V battery and now my Craigslist $50 exercise bike which I've owned for 4 years is back.  

Thanks All Experts!  Thanks Google!  Thanks y'all.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

mike davis

all fitness equipment related repairs and service, fitness questions should be sent to fitness trainers.

3 years

on site repair training