Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/lifecycle 5500

Question
I have a life cycle exercise bike that won't turn on. I have been able to start it for apprpox a year with a hard start. Fast pedaling for a period of time. That stopped working a week ago. I tried replacing the 9volt battery but that didn't help. I've had the bike for 12-15 years and remarkably have never had this problem before.

Answer
The charging system for the machine may be bad. This could be a bad alternator or a bad lower control board. Troubleshooting this system is a little too involved for this format. I would suggest contacting a local service provider (you can find a list of them here: http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/find_a_servicer), or calling the manufacturer and having them step you through the troubleshooting. You will need a multi-meter and probably a jumper wire to properly troubleshoot this problem.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy