Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/lifecycle 5500

I have a life cycle exercise bike that won't turn on. I have been able to start it for apprpox a year with a hard start. Fast pedaling for a period of time. That stopped working a week ago. I tried replacing the 9volt battery but that didn't help. I've had the bike for 12-15 years and remarkably have never had this problem before.

The charging system for the machine may be bad. This could be a bad alternator or a bad lower control board. Troubleshooting this system is a little too involved for this format. I would suggest contacting a local service provider (you can find a list of them here:, or calling the manufacturer and having them step you through the troubleshooting. You will need a multi-meter and probably a jumper wire to properly troubleshoot this problem.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.