Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Schwinn Elliptical model 418

Question
QUESTION: Evening...  I've used my elliptical for 4 years and recently received an "error 1" message on the display console. I've replaced batteries and adapter and still receiving error 1 message, Before i start replacing more parts, can you suggest what could be wrong or a systematic way to approach the problem... thanks

ANSWER: The error 1 code is a reed switch error there is a magnet located on the axle wheel that might have fallen off or the reed switch needs to be pushed closer to the magnet the reed switch should be 1/16 of an inch away from magnet I am pretty confident you dont need a part just a phillips screwdriver to remove the shroud to get to the axel pulley and reed switch..

QUESTION: Thanks for your prompt response, i did adjust the reed switch but unfortunately, this was not the needed fix.. could it be the wire leading to switch or can you suggest a next step check?  thanks again John

ANSWER: here is your solution
Instructions
1
Open the battery cover from the back of the control screen and take out the batteries.

2
Use the screwdriver to take out the screws on the left side of the large plastic enclosure that encased the batteries. You can now bend the enclosure so that you can reach behind it to make the repairs.

3
Use the crescent wrench to unfasten the nut that holds the left pedal onto the crank.

4
Unfasten the mechanism that keeps the pedal on the crank with the allen wrench.

5
Unfasten the screws that keep the plastic side panel on the wheel. Use the stubby Phillips screwdriver to get these four screws off. You will have to bend the outer plastic enclosure to reach the screws; make sure you don't break it. Remove the plastic wheel side panel.

6
Put the batteries back in.

7
Find the cord that moves the magnetic plate at the base of the wheel. Manually pull the magnetic plate back from the wheel frame. Now that the plate is unstuck, the error message should disappear.

8
Replace all parts in the reverse order you took them apart.
if you follow these instructions it will work i promise.. no parts needed Steve Buckley Buckman Fitness Service and Parts

QUESTION: Thanks again for your quick response.... again, still showing "error 1" on display....  (Not sure if this will help, but when i first turn on, it behaves as normal, booting up and displaying normal screen, for about 7-10 seconds before it goes to error msg)... thanks John

Answer
I honestly dont know the answer the solution that i gave you last was my last suggestion to be honest i am leading to the console try repeating my last suggestion excatly it just might work for you Sorry i could not be of more help and took so long to rerespond but i was kinda doing some other research for you but thats it....Thanks Steve Buckman Fitness Service and Parts

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Buckman fitness service and parts