Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Vision Fitness R2200 (RB42D) Recumbent Bike

My exercise bike will not crank correctly.  The problem is that the pedals are stuck in the up position,they will not crank forward at all, but will crank backward.  I am mechanically inclined,can read diagrams and blueprints, but never worked on my bike.  Please advise with your theory and expertise. Thank you.

The link above will take you to a diagram for your machine. I'm confused. If the crank arms will move backward, how are they stuck in the up position?

R07 on that diagram is a clutched bearing and will allow the crank arms to freewheel backward but grab the flywheel when the crank arms are rotated forward. It sounds as if something is keeping the flywheel from rotating and is physically binding. You could have bad bearings somewhere, a magnet assembly that is touching the flywheel, or some other problem that is causing a physical binding.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.