Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Ellipitical

Question
QUESTION: I have the same problem with tension on my Nordic Track Elliptical.  Article dated 12/11/12  The tech at Nordic Track suggested that I try replacing the motor that moves the magnets.  He says the power board is for the incline  which works fine.  Now he didn't seem real sure or even knowledgeable about the machine.  Wanted your opinion

ANSWER: I Need to have the model number of your machine in order to help. It should start with "831" or "N"

QUESTION: Jeremy   model number is    ntel 7906.1

Answer
http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/equipment/Select/9345/NordicTrack/NTEL79061-AU
Above is a link to the part list and some exploded diagrams for the unit.

To verify that the tension motor is controlled by the display directly, follow the wire harness from the motor to the display. If the tension motor is not moving, you have three possible causes, the unit controlling the motor (the display or the lower control board), the wire harness to the motor, and the motor itself. Attempt to move the tension motor and test for voltage at the tension motor. I do not have a wire diagram for that machine to know which of the pins you should see voltage, but there is usually a wire diagram inside the cover somewhere. If you see voltage, you know the wire harness and controller are good. If you don't see voltage there, check for continuity on the wire harness, and if that is good, your problem is likely in the component that controls the drive motor.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy