Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Octane Q45 error code err1

When i step onto the elliptical,the pedal repositioning motor normally starts running to position pedals appropriately. When I got on this morning, the motor seemed to groan and sounded very slow...then the Err 1 code appeared on the display. I unplugged the unit to see of something could possibly reset, but the same thing happened. I have found a repair parts site but am unsure if the problem could be a motor (is there only 1 motor in this unit) or with a control board? Is there a test i could perform to determine what thespecific problem may be? I am an electrical engineer and quite capable of doing electrical troubleshooting if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

I'm pretty sure that all versions of the Q45 had two motors, one for each arm. Here is a list of the versions made:

If the motor was moving, then voltage was being supplied. Electronics on these either work or don't. I've never seen one supply partial voltage. So it sounds like the electronics are good, but you need figure out if the motor is a problem or if you have a physical bind somewhere. Try lubricating the motor screw and checking for anything else that is bound and won't let the motor actuate properly.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.