Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Lifecycle 6500 not powering up

circuit board
circuit board  

display panel
display panel  

I too am having issues with my Lifecycle 6500 not working. The machine was in storage for two years and was working before storage. When I tried to use it again, I replaced the 9 volt battery behind the console and the display would not work...even when pedaling fast.

I took the shroud cover off and checked all the plugs and fittings to ensure they were not loose.

This machine was mfrd. in Jan 1991. Any ideas?

I love this bike and would like to get it running again.

Most of these machines have a rechargeable battery in the lower portion of the machine. It would look like one of these two:

These would definitely need to be replaced after sitting for several years. They are lead acid batteries like the ones in cars and go bad if they are left to completely drain.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.