Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Octane Q45 error code err3

My Octane Q45e now has a constant err3 displayed. I unplug the unit to reset and when I do, seems like the stride motor groans and then goes right back into err3. Is the problem a bad stride motor and if so, how do I determine which one is bad? Are there instructions anywhere or a you tube video available which explains how to replace motor? And finally, where is a good inexpensive site to buy a replacement motor?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

The first link above is to a part list for what I believe to be your machine, and the link below is directly to the stride motors (left and right are different).

To determine which motor is the problem and if the motor or something else is the problem, you'll need to remove the covers. If you hear a noise, you'll probably be able to determine which motor the noise is coming from. An automotive stethoscope can assist in hunting down the noise if necessary.

Using a volt meter, if the motors are receiving voltage, but not moving the motor is either bad, or there is something binding that is keeping the motor from moving.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.