Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Reebok RT245 Exercise bike

I have a Reebok RT245 bike on which the display became erratic - flashing and cutting off. I was advised that the console was defective so I bought and installed a replacement. The replacement console is behaving the same way, flashing and cutting off. What else could be the problem?

I'm wondering if the speed sensor and magnet are suspects. Could it be that the original console is not defective therefore I now have 2 good ones?

A quick search shows two machines that match the name you provided.
The exact model number will pinpoint the machine you have.

I believe your display is battery driven, and it is possible the batteries are in need of replacement. It would also be good to know when the flashing and cutting off occur. Does this happen as soon as the machine is turned on? Or after some usage in the middle of a workout? Is the behavior similar to that of the unit when you would be using the machine and then stop pedaling before you noticed this problem? (In other words, is this similar to how the machine would act if it thinks no one is pedaling any longer?)

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

As a parts expert at I can answer questions related to replacment parts for your equipment and assist in narrowing down your issue to which part(s) might correct your problem.

13 years of fitness equipment experience from a repair perspective as a field technician and parts expert.

Factory trained technician by several major manufacturers.

Awards and Honors was recognized as a 2010 Inc500 company, one of the fastest growing companies in the country.