Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/NordicTrack SL 728

Bought this at an estate sale, has been working fine and suddenly started having console issues.  backlight of console dims when removing on or both hands from pulse sensor handles, then console willl go dark and reset itself back to "ground zero" anfd has to be reset for the program or resistance.  time seems variable between 2 - 15 minutes.  changed console batteries, same problem, tried to adjust reed switch closer to flywheel, but still cut out.disconnected reed switch and now will let me do manual ok but does not keep accurate elapsed  time of activity or anything but resitance level.    Also just FYI the plugin adapter says Homedics ADP 10 on it and is rated output of 12 v dc and 2 amps (possibly wrong adapter?).  Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Hi Daryl,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

Generally, such problems are resolved by simply buying a new console. That's the simple economics of it, like when there is a computer problem in car. My guess is that a console for this machine costs about $300. You can get an exact quote through

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Robert Braun

I can answer all questions regarding the evaluation and selection of home exercise equipment including treadmills, ellipticals, home gyms, and stationary bikes.

I have been using, selling, and writing about exercise equipment for over thirty years. I am Vice President of Treadmill-World, the leading independent online source for treadmills and elliptical machines

I am Vice President of Sales at, a leading online dealer of a variety of manufacturers. Because we don't sell just one brand, we can be objective in our recommendations.

Online articles too numerous to mention, including See for some samples.

School of Hard Knocks