Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair/Reebok CYC 12

Question
Hello:
I have a Reebok CYC12 recumbent bike. Something happened to cause it to pedal very hard. The control does not seem to get enough power to stay on or I just canít pedal long enough to keep it going. Adjusting the resistance on the control does nothing; neither does hitting the reset button on the backside of the control.  I checked and verified the permanent magnets are disengaged.  I removed the belt and spun the pulley and flywheel by hand. The flywheel turns with some resistance. I assume there is something wrong with the generator but canít say for sure. Do you have any suggestions how I can narrow down this problem?

Thank You

Answer
http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/part_search/EquipmentSearch/Reebok%20CYC%2012
The link above will take you to a list of equipment that matches the name you provided. An exact model number would be needed to determine which machine you own.

It sounds as if you have narrowed the problem down to a physical binding in the "flywheel". If you are speaking of the generator in the bike, often these are a single unit and if there is binding in the generator, you replace the entire generator unit.

Fitness Equipment / Exercise Machine Repair

Jeremy